Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Famed Elroy-Sparta Trail

Elroy Sparta Trail

I guess I cracked the whip hard enough on my crew this week to head out to the Elroy-Sparta Trail on Thursday after work. The trail head is about a mile from my hotel in "The Bicycling Capital of America". Although I didn't have the time to go to Elroy and back, I did make it out to the second tunnel. It is a really nice trail to ride, but I would recommend wearing glasses and bug repellent. It is a crushed gravel trail that is part of the Bike 4 Trails system, which totals 101 miles. You will need a state trail pass, and an adequate bike like a cyclocross, touring or hybrid.

After you get to the Elroy-Sparta to Lacrosse River Trail connection, head up Water Street to Rudy's Drive-in it's kind of like John's Root Beer with carhops.

Next stop for me will be the HPT in LaCrosse for the Friday night MTB group ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment